Monday, March 1, 2010

Are you brave enough?

So, I have been studying for my Accounting test today all day long! Reading brain numbing things like Contra Asset and Accounting Cycle can really put one on edge even if there is no test to begin with! By the time I was ready to take my test, low and behold, my internet went out!!! Yeah! You can only imagine how I feel after spending so much time on getting ready for a test that just will not happen! So, I decided to use this time wisely and write my post.

As I was thinking what to write this week, my last week’s experience with the new Sir Harry Johnston teachers came to my mind. I absolutely love” fresh meat” in Africa for my practical jokes, but unfortunately Phil and Jo Wright have been to Africa before and I was not able to pull off my rat stunt. Oh, what shame! Plus, since Phil and Jo were under the impression that they were in the presence of a respectable board member, I decided to tone myself down a bit and act according to the role. I even drove at the appropriate speed limit, did not hit anyone on the way, and got mad at another driver only once! But for me, trying to act serious did not last too long. Once Stephen Christie, another board member and a friend of mine who likes to pick on me and I like to pick on in turn, arrived, my self control left the building. Within minutes Stephen and I were at each other’s throat being downright brutal. I can only imagine what the Wrights thought of our board. As for what they thought of me, well, Phil asked me later on that evening if I have always been mad (crazy!)

But as practical jokes go, I did luck out the day before Phil and Jo left. I was able to get my hands on a nice size sheep’s heart for my Biology lab and had Phil hold it in his lap in the car on our way home. But I actually did not go straight home that day but had to go and hunt down diesel, which is hard to find again in Malawi. So poor Phil got to hold the heart in his lap for about 20 miles before we got home. At home I cut the thing open and could not wait to invite him to see “my open and bleeding heart!” He took it like a real champ and looked at the heart without cringing. When the Wrights were on their way to the airport Phil said that one thing he did not expect to see on his trip to Malawi was an open heart :-)

Well, some of you guys have been reading my blog for 2 semesters now and I would like to ask you a question. After reading stories of me scaring the living daylights out of some poor Scottish girls with a rat kebab and now making sure some poor unsuspecting teachers, who did not even have a chance to sign their work contract at that point, got to see the open sheep’s heart, let me ask you this: Are you brave enough to come and visit me?

5 comments:

  1. I really need to come over and visit. I think that I would have a good time over there. I know the Erik and Ethan could get into some good mischief as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm. I think that I will pass. I have a pretty strong stomach but I have a feeling that once you find out a weakness, you will use it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joseph, look at Michael! He is brave enough to come! I will even get a real snake in his room to make it look authentic and all! There is nothing like the feel of a slithering reptile under ones feet when he gets up at night to go to the bathroom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe I am. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could, I would. I'd love to meet you in person, danger of being pranked, and all.

    ReplyDelete